Universal and Correct Wearing of Masks:
- Although 85% of our staff is fully vaccinated, all adults and children must wear masks while indoors or on our school buses, regardless of an individual’s vaccination status. It is recommended that masks also be worn outdoors when large groups are present or when the situation is such that people are in close proximity for 15 minutes or longer which follows universal recommendations/guidelines from the CDC, St. Louis County Department of Public Health, American Academy of Pediatrics, and our Medical Task Force Team recommendations/guidelines. In fact, 450 local doctors wrote a letter to parents with their recommendations/guidelines on how to return to school and keep our children safe.
- Masks will be provided for all students and staff when needed.
- Last year, masking was a key piece of the COVID-19 mitigation protocols that enabled in-person school to be successful.
- We will encourage outside learning opportunities and mask breaks.
- We will continue to receive updates on the latest data available to monitor the level of community transmission; we will make changes as necessary.
- We will be monitoring and discussing the mask mandate and making adjustments as the health of our region improves.
- If there is a medical reason your child(ren) cannot wear a face covering, you will need to contact the building nurse for additional guidance.